Credentials, Placements and Experience
|Professor John A Fernie CEng CPhys CSci FIMMM FInstP FWeldl |
Specialist in the field of Ceramics Joining Technology & Founder of Ceramics Joining Ltd
- European Engineer (EurIng) and European Physicist (EurPhys). Chartered Engineer (CEng), Chartered Physicist (CPhys) and Chartered Scientist (CSci). Fellow of The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (FIMMM), Fellow of The Welding Institute (FWeldI) and Fellow of The Institute of Physics (FInstP).
- Visiting Scientist, Dept of Materials Science and Metallurgy, University of Cambridge.
- Academic Visitor, Dept of Materials, University of Oxford.
- Visiting Professor, Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences (FEPS), University of Surrey.
- CEng assessor for the IoP, IoM3 and The Welding Institute.
- PhD and EngD examiner in the UK and North America.
- Member of the International Advisory Board - Ceramics Joining, CIMTEC, World Ceramics Congress.
- Editorial Advisory Board - Journal of Assembly and Automation.
- Member of the High Temperature Materials Committee – IoM3.
- Member of the Ceramics Science Committee – IoM3.
- Member of the Business and Innovation Board – IoP.
- Member of the Fellowship election panel – IoP.
- First author for two “Best Practice Guides” on aspects of Advanced Materials and Joining Processes.
- Numerous Invited/Keynote presentations; including American Ceramics Society, CIMTEC (World Ceramics Congress) and the European Ceramics Society
- Named author on >50 papers in the public domain.
Professor John A Fernie
CEng CPhys CSci
FIMMM FInstP FWeldl
Professor Fernie began his research career in the mid 80's with a PhD at Warwick University. He then spent 18 years in contract research and development and has also been a Technical Manager in industry.
Author of more than 50 publications available in the public domain on the subject of ceramics & ceramic joining with more than 20 years experience within the field.